Try these Toe Taps with your FLX Ball for anywhere-abs!
- Lying supine on the floor, place the core ball under your sacrum at your lower spine.
- Legs are bent with feet flat on the floor and arms are long by your sides with palms face down.
- Lift one leg to tabletop then the other.
- Keeping the abdominal muscles engaged slowly lower one leg towards the floor and return to your starting position.
- Switch legs.
REPETITION: Repeat 15-20 times, 3 sets.
- Watch out for your hips rocking side by side and make sure to avoid tucking the pelvis.
- Keep a table top position with your knees over your hips.
Dancer Focus and Benefits: This exercise allows for increased abdominal strength to help stabilize the core, which can assist improvement in turns and balances. Focus on engaging the abdominals to return the leg back to the starting position to mimic similar movement patterns at barre and in center, i.e. holding the leg to the front at increased heights.